I’ll lift your burdens and bring you joy.
God’s Word holds out the promise of rich benefits for those who spend time reading it and take its truths to heart. Make the Bible your daily reading companion and you’ll be blessed.
7 Reasons to Read the Bible Every Day
- The Bible will help keep you from sin. “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you” (Ps. 119:11).
- The Bible will lift your burdens. “My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word” (Ps. 119:28).
- The Bible will guide your steps. “Your word is a lamp to my feed and a light for my path” (Ps. 119:105).
- The Bible will bring you joy. “Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart” (Ps. 119:111).
- The Bible will lead you to wisdom. “The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple” (Ps. 119:130).
- The Bible will give you peace. “Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble” (Ps. 119:165).
- The Bible will bring you back to God. “I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands” (Ps. 119:176).
“Don’t be afraid of the Bible.” –Spurgeon